Not only is arm and shoulder pain uncomfortable, but you may suffer from a lack of motion, too. That makes it difficult to do many common tasks and activities.
What causes this pain? What other symptoms might you experience? Can a chiropractor really treat your arm or shoulder condition?
Yes, they can. Allow us to explain how.
What Causes Arm and Shoulder Pain?
There are many causes of arm and shoulder pain. The following medical conditions and injuries are just some of the most common causes:
- Undiagnosed or ignored sports injury: If you injured your rotator cuff and didn’t receive medical treatment, you risk growing calcium deposits and getting osteoarthritis.
- Fracture: Bone breaks in the arm or shoulder are incredibly painful. These require immediate medical attention.
- Spinal stenosis: When shrinkage of the spinal column occurs, your back, neck, and shoulders could suffer.
- Whiplash: A car accident or other incident can have long-term consequences, damaging the muscles in the shoulders.
- Dislocation: If your shoulder pops out of alignment, you’ll be in a lot of pain.
- Herniated or slipped disc: As spinal misalignment occurs, you’re likely to have pain in the back and shoulders.
- Frozen shoulder: With a frozen shoulder, you can’t move your shoulders and arms as you once could. This is due to scar tissue on the joints.
What Are the Symptoms of Arm and Shoulder Pain?
Depending on which of the conditions or injuries you have, symptoms differ. Pain is a universal symptom, though. Your arm or shoulder may be red, tender to the touch, and swollen.
Arm Pain Treatment and Shoulder Pain Treatment Options
For arm pain treatment and shoulder pain treatment, visit a chiropractor in Bossier City, LA. There are many treatments your chiropractor will recommend to reduce pain in the arms and shoulders. These are:
- Corrective exercises: By gently exercising the arms and shoulders, your mobility should increase. These areas will be stronger, which can reduce the rate of recurring injuries for some patients.
- Posture improvements: If your posture is to blame for your pain, you need to make some lifestyle changes. These include using ergonomic seating, practicing better posture, and remembering to take breaks throughout the workday.
- Spinal adjustments: If your shoulder and arm pain is caused by a spinal condition, spinal adjustments will erase that pain. You’ll notice less inflammation and fewer muscle spasms.
If you need shoulder and arm pain treatment, contact us at Bossier Chiropractic Diagnostic & Treatment Center, your chiropractor in Bossier City. We specialize in treating leg and knee pain, arm and shoulder pain, back and neck pain, sciatica, auto accident injuries, and more.
Our services include digital x-rays, cold laser therapy, spinal decompressions, CDL/DOT physicals, and integrative dry needling. Led by Dr. Jim Wiseman, our focus is on reducing pain and offering wellness for our patients. We also serve those in Shreveport.
To learn more or schedule an appointment today, give us a call at (318) 747-5855. You can also schedule an appointment online or visit us at Bossier Chiropractic Diagnostic & Treatment Center on 3018 Old Minden Road, Suite 1203.